This set of flashcards currently contains over 70 words and phrases for learning terms to do with the Raspberry Pi and other electronics subjects. This is based off of the work done by Raspberry Pi Foundation on their Raspberry Pi glossary. It contains a whole series of definitions that they for their documentation. We ported this to make the flashcards so you can use them to get started!I want to add a new language!
The flashcards uses an app called Anki which is an open source app available on all platforms (Android, IOS & all desktops) which is based on spaced repetition. We like this app as you can add images, audio and much more to each card. It also encourages you to spend more time revising the things that you don't know than revising the things that you do. It includes a very good section on statistics so you can see analysis on your progress on the topic that you're learning.
First you will need to download Anki on your preferred device. View the download section of the website.Link to Anki
Then you will need to download the Raspberry Pi FlashcardsRaspberry Pi Glossary Flashcards
Now you will need to import the deck either from the app or by opening the file from your downloads and selecting the Anki app for your device.
You can now start learning!
If you're new to Anki or an expert feel free to watch our video on an introduction to Anki to review the basics.
Please note the modifications which have been made & where you can find updates.
- The front of every card has "(Raspberry Pi Glossary)" appended to the end so that if you have any other words in your collection, the Raspberry Pi definition will still be added when importing it.
- In particular for the definitions of ISP (Imaging System Pipeline & Internet Service Provider) because in the documentation there are two definitions with the same "front", we explicitly name them so both can be imported into Anki since by default it does not import duplicates. The definition for Internet Service Provider was also taken from Wikipedia.
- Any updates or corrections to the deck will be available at https://github.com/darigovresearch/Raspberry-Pi-Glossary-Flashcards so do return periodically to check if you have the latest version.
Feel free to share the deck and give the repository a star so more people are likely to see this work and can get the most out of it.
Potential Improvements Yet to be Made
- To find a way to systematically pull the definitions from so that any corrections or additions are automatically updated.
- To be able to automatically sort the cards so that the words which are used most in the glossary (or the documentation as a whole) is displayed first for the user to learn.
Unless otherwise specified, everything in this deck is covered by the following license:
This work was based on the Raspberry Pi documentation glossary by the Raspberry Pi Foundation, licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
To see this work in full go to https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/glossary/
This set of flashcards is and always will be available for free to download and use from the links above. However we pour our heart and soul into making all of our educational material high quality and useful for our users. This includes sourcing, porting, documenting and testing. If you wish to monitarily support us for these specific flashcards you are free to do so using the form below!
How much would you like to donate?
Click the buttons for common donation amounts or input a number manually (a minimum has been set due to merchant fees)