This set of flashcards currently contains over 400 definitions for Machine Learning. This is based off of the work done by Google on their Machine Learning glossary. It contains a whole series of definitions that they have used for their various online courses on Machine Learning. We ported this to make the flashcards so you can use them to get started!
We want this to be a very community driven project so if you want to translate the flashcards into a different language go to GitHub and make a pull request!I want to add a new language!
The flashcards uses an app called Anki which is an open source app available on all platforms (Android, IOS & all desktops) which is based on spaced repetition. We like this app as you can add images, audio and much more to each card. It also encourages you to spend more time revising the things that you don't know than revising the things that you do. It includes a very good section on statistics so you can see analysis on your progress on the topic that you're learning.
First you will need to download Anki on your preferred device. View the download section of the website.Link to Anki
Then you will need to download the Machine Learning FlashcardsMachine Learning Flashcards (English) Machine Learning Flashcards (Spanish) Machine Learning Flashcards (Korean)
Now you will need to import the deck either from the app or by opening the file from your downloads and selecting the Anki app for your device.
You can now start learning!
Please note the modifications which have been made & where you can find updates.
- Every card has "(Google Machine Learning Glossary)" appended to the end so that if you have any other Machine Learning words in your collection, the Google definition will still be added when importing it.
- The original relative urls have been made into full urls so they are clickable within Anki.
- All LaTeX formulae have been wrapped with text to ensure that it can be rendered correctly in Anki.
- Any updates, translations or corrections to the deck will be available at https://github.com/darigovresearch/Google-Machine-Learning-Glossary-Flashcards so do return periodically to check if you have the latest version.
Feel free to share the deck and give the repository a star so more people are likely to see this work and can get the most out of it.
Potential Improvements Yet to be Made
- To find a way to systematically pull the definitions from so that any corrections or additions are automatically updated.
- To find a way so that all images are saved locally into the deck since currently if you do not have an internet connection you will not be able to see any images when using the deck.
- To translate the deck into different languages so people around the world can learn about the topic. All translations will be found in the link above & we are happy to incorporate any translations that have been submitted.
Except as otherwise noted, the content of the flashcards is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License, and code samples are licensed under the Apache 2.0 License. For details, see the Google Developers Site Policies. Java is a registered trademark of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
To see this work in full go to https://developers.google.com/machine-learning/glossary/
This set of flashcards is and always will be available for free to download and use from the links above. However we pour our heart and soul into making all of our educational material high quality and useful for our users. This includes sourcing, porting, documenting and testing. If you wish to monitarily support us for these specific flashcards you are free to do so using the form below!
How much would you like to donate?
Click the buttons for common donation amounts or input a number manually (a minimum has been set due to merchant fees)