This set of flashcards currently contains over 70 words and phrases for getting started with OpenMined projects. This is based off of the work done by OpenMined on their Beginner Friendly OpenMined Terminology. It contains a whole series of definitions that they thought would be helpful for people to know to help reduce the barrier to gettings started with their various projects. We ported this to make the flashcards so you can use them to get started!I want to add a new language!
The flashcards uses an app called Anki which is an open source app available on all platforms (Android, IOS & all desktops) which is based on space d repetition. We like this app as you can add images, audio and much more to each card. It also encourages you to spend more time revising the things that you don't know than revising the things that you do. It includes a very good section on statistics so you can see analysis on your progress on the topic that you're learning.
First you will need to download Anki on your preferred device. View the download section of the website.Link to Anki
Then you will need to download the Web Docs FlashcardsBeginner Friendly OpenMined Terminology Flashcards
Now you will need to import the deck either from the app or by opening the file from your downloads and selecting the Anki app for your device.
You can now start learning!
Please note the modifications which have been made & where you can find updates.
- The front of every card has "(Beginner Friendly OpenMined Terminology)" appended to the end so that if you have any other words in your collection, the Wikipedia definition will still be added when importing it.
- Any updates or corrections to the deck will be available at https://github.com/darigovresearch/Beginner-Friendly-OpenMined-Terminology-Flaschards/ so do return periodically to check if you have the latest version.
Feel free to share the deck and give the repository a star so more people are likely to see this work and can get the most out of it.
Potential Improvements Yet to be Made
- To find a way to systematically pull the definitions from the glossary so that any corrections or additions are automatically updated.
- To be able to automatically sort the cards so that the words which are used most in the glossary (or the documentation as a whole) is displayed first for the user to learn.
- To translate the deck into different languages so people around the world can learn about the topic. All translations will be found in the link above & we are happy to incorporate any translations that have been submitted.
Unless otherwise specified, everything in this deck is covered by the following license:
To see this work in full go to https://github.com/openmined/OM-Welcome-Package/blob/master/Beginner-Friendly-OM-Terms.md
This set of flashcards is and always will be available for free to download and use from the links above. However we pour our heart and soul into making all of our educational material high quality and useful for our users. This includes sourcing, porting, documenting and testing. If you wish to monitarily support us for these specific flashcards you are free to do so using the form below!
How much would you like to donate?
Click the buttons for common donation amounts or input a number manually (a minimum has been set due to merchant fees)